Electronics Engineering, Philosophy of Science
Artificial Intelligence : (Neural Network, GA, Neuro-Fuzzy etc.)
Philosophy of Science
Science, Technology and Society
Ph.D., Cornell University, U.S.A, 1995
1. Chon, T. S., Park, Y. S., Kim, J. M., Lee, B. Y., Chung, Y. J., and Kim, Y. S., "Use of an Artificial Neural Network to Predict Population Dynamics of the Forest-Pst Pine Needle Gall Midge(Diptera: Cecidomyiida)," Environmental Entomology, 29(6) pp. 1208-1215, 2000.
2. Kim, Y. S., "Causal Explanation and Bell Type Correlation," Korean Journal for Philosophy of Science, Vol. 3, Issue 1, pp. 81-107, 2000.
3. Moon, Y. H., Kim, H. S., Kim, Y. S., and Kim, J. H., "A Novel Fast Fractal Decoding Algorithm," Signal processing : Image Communication, Vol. 14, Issue 4, pp. 325-333, 1999.
4. Kim, Y. S., Yoon, G. S., and Kim, J. W., "The Improvement of Genetic Algorithm Using Boltzman Selection," Proceeding of 2nd International Conference on Recent Advances in Mechatronics (ICRAM '99), May 24-26, Istanbul, Turkey, Vol. 2, pp. 217-222, 1999.
5. Park, J. H., Kim, Y. S., Eom, I. K., and Lee, K. Y., "Economic Load Dispatch For Piecewise Quadratic Cost Function Using Hopfield Neural Network," IEEE Transaction on Power System, Vol. 8 No. 3, pp. 1030-1038. 1993.
Visiting Professor, Department of Philosophy, Stanford University, U.S.A. (1999-2000)
Professor, Department of Electronics Engineering, Pusan National University, Korea (1997-Present)
Visiting Scholar in HPST at Cornell University (1989-1990)
Professional Societies & Activities
Vice President, Korean Society of Philosophy of Science.
Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Engineering Education Research, Korean Society for Engineering Education & Technology Transfer (1997-Present)
President, Research Association of Information and Society, Korean Institute of Communication Science (1997-Present)
Member of Editorial Board, Journal of The Institute of Electronics Engineering of Korea (1996-1997)
Honors and Awards
International Joint Research & Activities